Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lets Go To Gary Indiana!

Gary Indiana is otherwise known as the sewer city with a population of 80,294.
84 percent of the population are African American.
Gary is located in Lake County 25 minutes away from downtown Chicago.
The city is known for it's steel mills and also the birth place of the Jackson five.
Gary is the most dangerous city in America. It has a crime rate of murder which is the high fiver.
Once upon a time, Gary had a lot of good jobs. But the competition of other countries, cut jobs by 90 percent, leaving the city in deep poverty.
Gary now has abandoned buildings and homes, making it a ghost town.
It's sad for people to have to live in poverty and a high murder rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Hi! I'm cathy Markus. I have a husband and two kitties. I love to creative write, I like to socialize, compose music for my flute, write music for the piano, eat asian food and eat my husbands home cooking(He's a Chef,) read and sing and dance. I'd love to have some friends here.